Monday, August 25, 2008

Tomorrow, tomorrow....

The first sonogram of my whole entire life is TOMORROW. Hello. Less than 24 hours away. I have a ridiculous amount of questions for my doctor such as...

What the heck is it?
How the heck far along am I?
How the heck many babies are in there?
Do you want to clean my house?
Am I supposed to feel this large at this point?
If I pretend to not know there is caffeine in chocolate, can I still have it on a regular basis?

There are a lot more questions but most of them are gross so I'll spare you. Every day I wake up, I have a list of about 800 things I actually expect myself to accomplish...completely on my own...with no help from anyone whatsoever...but I usually end up eating, doing one thing, then taking a nap. So needless to say, the list is absolutely ginormous right now and ranges from buying a footstool for the desk (so I can lean back slightly while typing so I can't feel my belly as much b/c it's weird and uncomfortable) to installing three more ceiling fans. Obviously my knight in shinning armor...or Hunter as I usually call him...will have to do the things like installing the fans. I tried to help him install one over the weekend but we need to put a brace up for it so it won't spontaneously fall out of the ceiling spraying dry wall and insulation everywhere so we did the smart thing. For the very first time since we have been here (and over a year, mind you) I decided to go up into the attic...while pregnant...during the summer. I never claimed to be a genius. Hunter went up first and I wanted to see so I followed. It was so hot I thought I was going to throw up, stop breathing, and the baby (or babies) was (or were) going to leap out of my stomach all at the same time. I immediately wanted to leave but was terrified to go back down because all of a sudden the ladder was much farther away than it was when I got myself in to the attic. So Hunter had to go down first and guide my huge butt down after him. Seriously, my butt is huge.

Anyway, we decided to get the brace you can shimmy into the ceiling from the room you want the fan in, not the attic and through several hundred feet of insulation. Also on the top of the list is new carpet in the nursery. The cats so lovingly decided to pee on that carpet so it and the padding needs to be replaced in there. I'll be sure to post pictures once we start working on the baby's room. But that won't be for a few months.

Looking forward to tomorrow where I found out exactly what is going on inside of me and how much of it....

No comments: